The Housing and Planning Bill has proved pretty controversial and whilst some of the changes it introduces are good, many are bad and in some cases even mad.
Here is a reminder of the key points from the Housing and Planning Bill:
1. Introduction of Starter Homes – sold at a 20% discount for first-time buyers
2. High value council homes to be sold off
3. Housing association homes to be sold off to their tenants (previously only council tenants could buy)
4. Introduction of ‘fair rent’ to those in social homes on higher incomes
5. Support for large, corporate landlords providing rented accommodation to the Private Rented Sector
To see why some of these proposals are proving so controversial visit:-